April 7th 2018, is World Health Day. How about not making any great vows, but just making a few simple lifestyle changes to celebrate World Health Day 2018? Here are some great ways:
1. Stay Happy: Happiness is the feeling we perceive when our brain excretes a chemicals called endorphin, serotonin, oxytocin and dopamine. Endorphin is also a great helper to your metabolism and immunity. Serotonin allows you to gather and retain knowledge better. Oxytocin helps you bond with people, as well as forget instances that are not worth remembering. And dopamine gives you drive to keep doing things that make you happy. So yes, doing what makes you happy and gives you peace of mind, is a good habit!
2. Love Yourself: Loving is a powerful act. Loving your self is even more powerful. Loving yourself is often confused to be narcissism. However, loving yourself means that you are willing to do things that you deem right for you. This is a very healthy trait, because an individual who loves themselves, will often be loving and caring of the people around them. So, the next time you meet someone who truly loves themselves, try learning from them.
3. Eat Healthy: While healthy eating is great for you weight watching, it is also very good for your psychological health. Regular, healthy eating allows you to be in control of your metabolism, mood and overall immunity. 3 main meals a day eaten slowly is the only thumb rule to healthy eating. Ensure you have a balanced diet consisting of all major nutrients in the span of 24 ours. Ensure that you give your stomach a break of 10 hours in those 24 hours as well.
4. Moderation in Everything: Let’s face it, we are millenials and we, pretty much, do what we want. “Don’t drink” or “don’t smoke” are no longer mandates, only choices we make. As such, a very important lifestyle decision to make would be to maintain moderation in whatever you do. Be it good habits or bad. Keep your mind detached from forming habits. Stay free, try things out, but ensure that you do things in a limit, so as to not become a liability on anyone around you.
5. Use Protection: Healthy Sex Life is a very important aspect of anyone’s life. While there is no limit to a person’s sexual appetite or preferences, it is essential to use protection, like a condom, under all circumstances. Many people worry about an unwanted pregnancy when it comes to unsafe sex, STDs are much bigger a concern. So ensure that you are not just using protection, but also ensuring that you choose your partners carefully, based on trust and chemistry.
So these are 5 basic lifestyle choices for millenials to make this World Health Day, 2018. If you have any more tips or inputs, feel free to leave them in the comments. You never know whom they could help.