Ukadiche Modak Recipe or the yumlicious steamed modak, is one of our favorite and healthy sweet! Steamed Modak are actually sweet dumplings made up of rice flour. The stuffing is generally made from grated fresh coconut and jaggery. Modaks recipes are quite famous all over India, especially in Maharashtra. Modaks are made for Lord Ganesha which is supposed to be his most preferred food. I guess many of us just love hot and steamed modaks. In fact just saying the name modak makes me hungry. Isn’t it?
Since Ganesh Festival is approaching soon. I thought of sharing an easy modak recipe with you all. In India different types of modaks are made, which includes: semolina modaks, fried modaks, mava modaks, wheat flour modaks, steamed modaks, and chocolate modaks.
Let’s start with the steamed modak recipe:
1. Take two cups of water in a bowl add one table spoon of oil and a pinch of salt.
2. Boil until they start bubbling
3. Add 500gm of rice flour.
4. Stir on a low flame for 25 seconds. Then switch off the gas and mix with a good spatula.
5. Now mix properly and cover with a lid for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Allow the dough to settle. Just knead the dough and bind simultaneously. Let the dough cool and come to a room temperature. Now cover the dough with a wet cotton cloth. Make sure you don’t squeeze the dough too much.
7. In the meanwhile, we can start with the filling. Take a bottomed pan and add half cup of ghee in it.
8. Place on very low heat and sauté half tea spoon of poppy seed (khas-khas) and sesame seeds for a minute.
9. Now add fresh grated coconut and jaggery powder as required and keep stirring the mixture for 5 minutes.
10. Jaggery would melt in smooth texture, the mixture would leave wonderful aroma, which you would definitely find tempting. Make sure you don’t over-cook the combination or else the jaggery might solidify or get hard which is not good for our filling.
11. Lastly, add one tea spoon of cardamom and nutmeg powder. Mix properly and switch off the gas.
Note: Please don’t cook for too long.
12. Put some cold water with ice cubes. Apply this water over your palm. Make small round balls from the rice flour made earlier. Now flatten the balls with your palms softly giving round shape to it. Ensure that the discs are neither too thick nor thin.
13. Now you need to place the mixture of coconut-jaggery over the middle of round disc. Just see the disc doesn’t get cracked.
14. Now gently form pleats near the edges or just get the edges jointly and close it towards the top. The ukadiche modak should form a cone shape from the top. On the other hand you could oil the modak mould and shape them in the mould for more ease. Then softly give shape with your four fingers over the modak.
15. Now place the Modaks on a steamer and steam for 10 minutes. You will see that the consistency has changed and it’s completely cooked and your delicious ukadiche Modak is ready to eat.
So, what are you waiting for? This Ganesh festival surprise your family and Lord Ganesha with these homemade ukadiche Modaks.
Searches related to Ukadiche Modak or steamed Modak recipe
ukadiche modak recipe in marathi
ukadiche modak recipe video
ukadiche modak recipe with sanjeev kapoor
ukadiche modak recipe step by step
ukadiche modak recipe by archana
ukadiche modak recipe in marathi language
ukadiche modak recipe aayi’s recipe
ukadiche modak recipe in marathi video
steamed modak recipe sanjeev kapoor
steamed modak recipe with maida
steamed modak recipe step by step
cook steamed modak
ukadiche modak recipe
indian steamed modak
make ukadiche modak